Purpose of Post: To provide excellent customer service, supplying customers with information and advice in relation to the cafe food and drink offer and anticipating the needs and requirements of customers in a proactive manner. Ensure the smooth service of all sales of food and drink and provide a welcoming environment and courteous point of contact for all customers, ensuring the hygiene and cleanliness of the facilities meet the required standards.
• Provide excellent customer service to customers.
• Ensure café and customer areas are correctly set-up at the start of each shift.
• Correctly take and accurately dispense beverages and serve food orders to customers.
• Accurately process all cafe sales and transactions through the correct use of the in-house system.
• Maintain the presentation, cleanliness and hygiene of the cafe at all times, undertaking regular checks of the area.
• Assist with stock checks as and when required.
• Carry out any duties as reasonably requested by the café manager.
• Support back of house with food preparation, pot washing etc.
• Serve food and beverages to customers in a professional and friendly manner.
• Ensure daily and all other cleaning schedules within the tearoom are undertaken in line with cleaning standards.
• Prepare food in line with Food standards and hygiene regulations.
• Maintain a professional appearance in accordance with uniform standards.
• Maintain the standards of presentation of the tearoom to an appropriate restaurant quality.
• Assist Tearoom Manager in the set up and maintenance of all tearoom service areas.
• Ensure that tables and trays are presented to the agreed high standards before each service.
• Ensure that at the end of service, tables and trays are cleared promptly and efficiently and the cafe facilities are left to the required high standard.
• Notify the tearoom Manager or their deputy where stocks are low.
• Greet customers, present menus and explain daily specials.
• Contribute to a welcoming and relaxed atmosphere in the cafe.
• Contribute to an ethos of “right first time” for food and beverage provision and service.
• Responding to customer queries and complaints.
• Carry used plates, glasses and crockery to kitchen for cleaning.
• Support back of house with food preparation and pot washing etc.
• Ensure that all duties are carried out in accordance with statutory Health and Safety requirements, including food hygiene regulations.
• Adhere to cafe standards in every interaction with guests, colleagues, other members of the team.
• Handle all transactions with diligence, honesty and integrity.
• Support colleagues at peak times and to undertake any duties which might be reasonably required, to ensure customer expectations are met.
•Maintain such records as may be required by the Tearoom Manager.
To follow and implement any COVID-19 protocols as directed by Tearoom Manager
Post Holder Characteristics:
• Good communication and team working skills.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Time management and organisational skills in order to succeed in a pressurised environment.
• Self motivated and the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
• Able to build and develop effective relationships with customers to benefit the business.
• Must have personal commitment to Hygiene, Quality and Health & Safety.